Monday, September 17, 2007

*Sigh*

I saw my son tonight, briefly, when I was shuttled over to the ex's apartment by Crayons. Because of the vicodin, I've not been driving (which leaves me at the mercy of Crayons and Mr. T). She was kind enough to drive me hither and fro for a bit.

Anyway...

My son (who is rapidly approaching three) threw his arms around me and gave a gigantic hug. I tried to explain to him that I couldn't stay long. He looked at me--with those perfect blue eyes--and asked, "Are you going back to work?" There was no malice there, no sadness, just curiosity in those eyes.

It reminded me of my own childhood. I remember thinking, if not expressly asking, that with regard to my own parents.

I'm saddened tonight and for good reason.

1 comment:

Mr. T said...

"It can't rain all the time" - Eric Draven

You are working hard for a better life, not only for yourself but for him. It will pay off in the end, but there is that underlining difficulty that you are fully aware in regards to my own. As long as you stay constant in his life you will both survive.