Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Random: My eyes are bleeding!

Okay, not really bleeding; they're figuratively bleeding. I've been pounding away at some work for about the last four hours--which doesn't include the ten straight hours I worked earlier today.

It sucks but I feel as if I've actually accomplished something. I've managed to navigate the most painful part of setting up a bunch of design standards and its really the last hill I had to climb. Everything else with these files will be downhill from here which means that I may be able to crank out this road design within the next three weeks as requested.

I have a slight headache--but a few sips of whiskey should take that edge off.

I spent part of tonight with my boy. Not enough time; there never seems to be enough time. Sigh. I'm looking forward to Halloween and the first weekend in November--both of which will be spent in his mischievous company.

Also, my birthday is swiftly approaching (this coming weekend). I'll be just a bit older than that cliche spring chicken we all hear so much about. Sadly, because of work, I'm having to rearrange my plans slightly. I'll probably have to pass on what's become a yearly tradition for me: Taking off the surrounding three or four days of work to write. There is just too much work and not enough me to go around (right ladies?). I still may pop out of the office early (or in late), if possible, but my odds aren't that great at this point. But such is life. And I do have a great weekend planned with a bunch of folks in DC...so, I'll get over it.

Not much else is up here on the eastern front. My brother's enlisted and will be marrying his girlfriend this weekend (all very, very suddenly, mind you). I shouldn't comment too much about it--but I wish him more luck than I had in each situation.

HNT tomorrow...I'll see you all then (or you'll see me, rather) ;) Until then...

1 comment:

24crayons said...

Please don't let your eyes bleed, that's just... gross.

Otherwise, I'm glad you feel SOMEWHAT accomplished, this project must be a bitch.