Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Rock Out!

She batted those long, undeniable black lashes, blue eyes shining in the early morning sun. "Um," she cautiously stalked into the question, one foot twisting in a small circle against the carpeted floor, "later today could I rock out?"

She (Crayons' and Mr. T's daughter) was referring to Guitar Hero, which has only recently become a part of the household but it already holds a coveted place. The advertising for the game should go something like this (maybe):

Want to be the coolest middle-aged person on your block? Run out today to your nearest Gamestop and pick up GUITAR HERO! Go now! Get the band back together!

Guitar Hero is much more challenging than I expected. I actually found myself getting into it, believe it or not, and I'm not big on video games.

The callouses I once had when I used to attempt to play guitar (yes--"attempt"--I'll not delude myself about that) are suddenly all back. Didn't even need real strings for that. Even my forearm was a little tender for a day or so.

So, if you're looking for one of those "active" video games, get the band back together.

2 comments:

24crayons said...

I still can't believe she said that... he said yes though right?

Parabolist said...

I think it was more of a "Maybe" ;)