Sunday, July 15, 2007

Uninspired

I woke up this morning to find myself completely uninspired. (Woke up is relative, really. We were up late last night...till after 3 am and even though I grabbed those 6-8 hours of sleep, I was by no means awake when I stumbled out of bed). Hell, I wasn't even awake after two cups of coffee.

A blinding fog had rolled in to engulf my creativity and general brain-power during the night. I had had so much prepared for today to accomplish. When I sat down this morning, there was nothing but disorientation.

I popped onto my publisher's site to find a design journal for our book. He praised my dedication to the project. That lifted my esteem...until I realized I could not pump any writing out for him.

I stared at that stupid, flickering cursor for awhile and then, fed up, retreated to my private space to read and shower.

My laundry is almost done (the one chore that desperately needed to be accomplished today). I can take heart in that--and in my slowly waking mind.

Maybe it will be time to write soon.

4 comments:

24crayons said...

Don't you usually write more at night??

Don't be so hard on yourself!

Mr. T said...

Meh, it happens.

I think part of it is not having one's own space to call their own.

The "pocket muse" talks about having an "office", a spot that is separated from any distractions and can be decorated with things you like.. things that inspire you.

I am not saying this is a solution but I know when I sit to write I find myself too distracted by everything. I think a hiking trip is in order.

Parabolist said...

Hey, Hey

*tugs on mr. t's pant leg*

Hey, wanna see my princess?

I've been thinking about decorating my 'own personal space' as it were. Something to make it more attractive to lure me there to work...but I'm not sure that'll ever see fruition.

Meh.

Snow White said...

Of course I don't write professionally, and in fact, I'm not sure you could call my ramblings "writing." But I do find that when I'm faced with that damn flashing cursor, and I'm not sure which direction to go, usually if I just start blabbering, I can eventually get something from it. Who knows, maybe it will even work for a pro!

Good luck!